Try Painting With Lights
Yes you can paint with Lights, better known as The Art of Light Painting. You mus have seen pictures some pictures like one on the left where people make different shapes , write words with Light Streaks, its no rocket science andÂ doesn’tÂ even require a software. You can do it yourself, you need A Point and Shoot Camera (DSLR Recommended) , A Tripod ( camera stand on which you will mount The Camera ), a dark place where you can move around , A torch ( orÂ anotherÂ light source you prefer). Now after you have all this Just think of a random desgin which comes to your mind and try making it by moving your hands holding the light source, practice it so You make the perfect one. Now when we shoot Such actions , Camera tends to Capture the Light streaks left from the Source forming theÂ DesignÂ you were Making.
Follow the simple steps To get your self a “Light Painting” made by you !
1. Â Select a Dark location , it can be your room also (switch off the lights ), Mount the camera on the Tripod and set the Direction to shoot. St your camera resolution and quality to Highest, do not forget to Turn off Â Flash.
2. Use the camera in Manual mode, to avoid miss timings. As you all may not be using the same camera The aperture and ISO ratings will be required to be work around to get a perfect shot. (Try changing it, or Shoot at default)
3. Now this is the step where DSLR can do wonders, you have to set shutter speed to maximum. Fir DSLR you can set it to 30 seconds rest should set to 15 seconds. For some cameras Shutter speed depends on Clicking.
4. Now set the Shutter release timer to 10 Seconds and prepare to make the design.
5. For the time the shutter remains open, make movements with the Torch ( light source ) facing the camera. Make sure you move the Torch at a Steady pace.
Its Possible that you get the perfect shot itself in the first try, If not you can try different settings and Multiple Shots to get One. Have Fun with Light Painting. UseÂ CommentsÂ for any queries and Do post your Shots (picture link in comments) so other can have a look at it.
Check out this Video For More:
No related posts.